Friday 20 February 2015

BOOK and FILM REVIEW.

Before D.P.C.Pierre brings out his next novel, check out his Booker prize-winning work: Vernon God Lightly. I only tackled it to see what Booker standards were. I really struggled for 40 pages because every other word was the F bomb. But the low-life adolescent American protagonist, [DPC is an Aussie, by the way], gets into some hairy moral situations and DPC develops this bloke in a realistically wonderful way. I must have really enjoyed it because I remember it well, and that only applies to very few books.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I can't believe I chose to watch a movie titled "Shoot 'Em Up". But I did and I was enthralled. It helped that Clive Owen played the main character. How he kept a straight face?..... Well, I couldn't. Sure there's quite a bit of shoot-em-up and the violence that we chauvenists are attracted to but, LADIES, this is a man-movie that I'm sure you will love. Why? All I'm prepared to say is that a baby stars - but will he/she survive? The other characters are not big names but they all give a great showing. Then there's the .... ca .....no, I'm not telling, but its an inanimate thing that keeps popping up throughout and wow, I never thought a ca....... could have so many uses. One minute I'm on the seat's edge, next I,m chuckling. This is a British-style film, much tongue-in-cheek, with an emotion-tugging theme. Sometimes, being larger than life, I thought the director may be Baz Lurman.. I'd definitely watch again and I rarely say that. It sure ain't for under 18's.

No comments:

Post a Comment