Friday 20 February 2015

DOES HALAL FUND TERRORISTS?

There are 15 halal certification groups in OZ. Some lobby groups are claiming that part of the fees paid to gain certification is going to terrorist organs, such as Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood. Apparently this has been proved in France and Canada, but I don't have details. Having visited these lobbyists' sites, in the course of my research into Islam, I do so reluctantly because public posts and comments are often vitriolic racism. However the site owners believe they can prove that OZ certification payments are going to terrorists. OZ law enforcers say there is no evidence.                                                                                                                                                                                            So that's the nutshell view if you haven't heard anything on this matter before. I, for one, hope the issue gets a sensible airing and debate. Unhappily I have just heard the issue aired on The Drum [ABC, 6pm, 20.2.15], where the two guest lefties thought that diversity of food choices is to be lauded! Well, Mikey Robins emphasized this, so it must be right..... perhaps he was in the wrong studio addressing a totally different issue. [ Why is it that actors/comedians are deemed necessary expert commentators on serious panel shows?]. The issue has nothing to do with what Muslims choose to eat.... it is about the destination of halal funds                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               I am building a portfolio on Islam, which I posted weeks ago expressing the fear that Islam itself is now off the rails. I hope this view is misguided but we'll see. The Egyptian President, Asisi, must have read my blog because he recently echoed my opinion on Islam in general. Relevant material has been posted on my other sites, e.g., Google +, Tumblr, Pinterest, Evernote. In the meantime, please be kind to your local Muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment